Crawfordsville, Indiana, is a community with a rich history and tremendous civic pride. Long known as the “Athens of Indiana,” Crawfordsville and the surrounding Montgomery County offer plenty of culture, natural beauty, and a host of annual festivals and activities, where its 33,000 residents offer smiles and a healthy dose of “Hoosier Hospitality.”
Museums & Cultural Sites
Crawfordsville is home to museums, historic buildings, and performance venues that offer opportunities to explore the community’s unique history and culture.
Montgomery County has a variety of ways for residents to enjoy the outdoors, as well as new community and nature parks in the works.
Local Events & Festivals
Montgomery County hosts a variety of annual festivals and events to bring the community together and celebrate local traditions and cultural diversity.
- Weekly Farmer’s Market (Saturdays; May-September)
- First Fridays (May-September; Live Music at Pike Place)
- The Strawberry Festival (June)
- The Montgomery County 4-H Fair (July)
- The Taste of Montgomery (August, sponsored by the General Lew Wallace Study and Museum)
- Ironman Races (August & October)
- Celebration of Unity (September)
- Oktoberfest (October)
The area has three public Pre-K-12 school corporations serving the students of Montgomery County.