Skip to Main Content

Classics - Facilities

Detchon Center

On the northeast corner of the campus mall is THE DETCHON CENTER. Originally the Wabash Library, the former Yandes Hall was completed in 1890 as a gift to his alma mater from Simon Yandes, an Indianapolis attorney. In 1993 renovations took place thanks to a gift from local artist and alumnus Lee Detchon. The Detchon Center is now the site of electronic classrooms, language laboratories, and the departments of modern and classical languages and literatures.