For more than a century and a half, the Phi Delt house at Wabash has produced an impressive list of alumni who are respected leaders in their career fields. Regardless of their stature, they have always been more than ready to assist and advise fellow Phis and Wabash men.
Art and Architecture
- Robert E. Allen 1957 - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AT&T, 1988-97, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees, Emeritus. (pictured, right)
- Allan J. Anderson 1965 - Principal, Edward Jones, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- David S. Orr 1957 - Owner, Case Felipe Flores Bed & Breakfast, Chiapas, Mexico. Vice President, Ameritech, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees, Emeritus.
- Larry K. Hutchison 1963 - Controller of Manufacturing, Eli Lilly & Company, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- G. Michael Dill 1971 - Senior Vice President, American Funds Distributors, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- Victor A. DeRose '74 - Principal and DeRose Associates, President, Catalyst, Inc. Past member, Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- William H. Hays 1900 - First President, Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), Formerly known as the Motion Pictures Producers and Distributors Association.
- Herbert H. Whetzel 1902 - Founder of the First Dept. of Plant Pathology in the United States.
- Rusty Nichols 1963 - President, Hanover College, 1987-2007. President of the American Association of Presidents of Independent Colleges and Universities, 2001-03.
- Andrew H. Hamilton 1855 - Democratic Representative from Indiana, 1875-78.
- William A. Woods 1859 - Justice, U.S. Circuit Court.
- John C. Black 1862 - President, Civil Service Commission. Democratic U.S. Representative from Illinois, 1893-94.
- Joseph R. Webster 1862 - Attorney General from Nebraska.
- Theodore H. Ristine 1865 - Indiana Senator, 1881-85.
- John B. Allen 1867 - Republican Senator from Washington, 1889-92.
- Joseph V. Graff 1876 - Republican Representative from Illinois, 1895-1910.
- Raymond E. Willis 1896 - Republican Senator from Indiana, 1941-56.
- Byron Price 1912 - Assistant Secretary General, United Nations.
- H. Merle Cochran 1913 - Peace Panel, United Nations.
- Charles M. La Follette 1920 - Republican Representative from Indiana, 1943-47.
- Will H. Hays, Jr. 1937 - Author. Television and Screen Writer. Attorney. Mayor of Crawfordsville, Indiana.
- Edward K. Charbonneau 1965 - Republican State Senator from Indiana 5th District, 2007- present.
- A. Lucas Messer 1991 - Executive Director, Indiana Republican Party, 2001-2005. Republican Indiana State Representative, 2003-2006.
- Bruce Polizotto 1963 - Municipal Finance Attorney, Partner, Ice Miller Donadio & Ryan, Retired. Wabash College Board of Trustees, Emeritus.
- Daniel F. Susie 1968 - Attorney, Sharholder, Winstead. Board Member, National Association of Wabash Men.
- Jasper A. Cragwall 1969 - Attorney, Partner, Warner Norcross & Judd.
- Michael L. Eckerle 1974 - Attorney, Partner, Business Services Chairman, Bingham McHale.
- Scott D. Himsel 1985 - Attorney, Partner, Baker & Daniels. Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science, Wabash College.
- Benjamin P. Beringer 1987 - Attorney, Partner, Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym.
- Todd S. Shellenbarger 1987 - Assistant U.S. Attorney.
- Andrew P. Crousore 1991 - Attorney, Partner, Baker & McKenzie.
- Michael B. Langford 1991 - Attorney, Partner, Scopelitis Garvin Light Hanson & Feary.
- William E. Padgett 1992 - Attorney, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg.
- David T. McGimpsey 1993 - Attorney, Partner, Bingham McHale.
- Byron Price 1912 - Director of Censorship, WWII. Pulitzer Prize recipient.
- Richard A. Calacci 1991 - Sr. Vice President, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports.com & CBS Mobile Network. Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- Dr. Thomas Noble, Sr. 1887 - Pioneer in Abdominal Surgery. Developed new techniques in apendectomy. Developed method for removal of cancer in lower intestine.
- Dr. James R. Cumming 1961 - Pediatrician. Wabash College Board of Trustees.
- Dr. Frank R. Kolisek 1982 - Joint Replacement Specialist, President, OrthoIndy.
- Dr. Adam W. Brazus 1988 - Ophthalmologist.
- Dr. William J. Fecht 1993 - Gastroenterologist.
- Lt. Colonel and Brevet Brigadier General John C. Black 1862 - Medal of Honor Recipient Civil War, Union Army.
- Captain John J.P. Blinn 1863 - "Warrior Poet," Killed at the Battle of Gettysburg during Pickett's Charge. "Fighting Phi."
- Capt. William P. Black 1864 - Medal of Honor Recipient Civil War, Union Army .
- Major General Earl L. Johnson 1938 - Operations Officer, 9th Bombardment Group; Director of Operations, 313th Bombardment Wing, WWII. Commander 23rd Strategic Reconnaissance Squadron; Chief of Maintenance, 5th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing; Director of Material, 5th Bombardment Wing, Korean War. Inspector General, Eighth Air Force Commander, 306th Bomb Wing, Vietnam War. (pictured, right)
- Stanley H. Huntsman 1954 - Head Coach, USA Track & Field, 1988 Olympic Games, 1983 World Championships, 1977 World Cup. Assistant Coach, USA Track & Field, 1976 and 1980 Olympic Games. Head Coach (39 years), NCAA Track & Field, Ohio University, University of Tennessee, University of Texas.
- David M. Parry 1957 - NFL Official (15 years), Super Bowl, 1983. Basketball Referee (20 years), Big Ten and Mid American Conferences, NCAA Tournament. Coordinator of Football Officials, Big Ten Conference. Inductee Indiana Football and Wabash Athletic Halls of Fame.
- Christopher J. Wiesehan 1994 - Receivers Coach, Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 2010. Tight Ends Coach, UCLA, 2009. Offensive Line Coach, Syracuse University, 2007-08. Offensive Line Coach, James Madison University, 2006. Offensive Assistant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2005. Receivers & Offensive Line Coach, Northern Arizona University, 2001-4. Offensive Line & Receivers Coach, University of Buffalo, 1999-2000. Tight Ends Coach, Notre Dame University, 1997-98. Tight Ends Coach, Purdue University, 1996.
- Jake Martin 2003 - Head Baseball Coach, DePauw University.
Wabash Volunteer Leadership
- Nine Phi Delts currently serve on the Wabash Board of Trustees, more than any other house.
- Brother Allan Anderson '65 serves as co-chair for the College's current capital campaign, the Challenge for Excellence with Brothers Dave Orr '57 and Mike Dill '71.
- Mike Dill '71 created the Dill Fund which provides funds for students to explore off-campus opportunities outside of the normal academic year.
- Two Phi Delts serve on the board of the National Association of Wabash Men.
- Two Phi Delts currently serve on the board of the Indianapolis Association of Wabash Men, and both have served as the organization's president.
Since its founding in 1848, Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity has produced an impressive array of leaders:
- U.S. President Benjamin Harrison
- Architect Frank Lloyd Wright
- Baseball legend Lou Gehrig
- Hotelier J. Willard Marriott
- Film critic Roger Ebert
- Broadcast journalist Bob Schieffer
- Astronaut and first man on the Moon Neil Armstrong
Here's a full list.