International Center Summer Programs
Summer is a great time to consider studying abroad or studying off campus!
There are a host of different types of programs for students during the summer, and the cost and timing of the programs is quite flexible. Here are some examples of summer programs Wabash College students have participated in during recent summers:
- Goethe Institut
- Arcadia University Summer Program in Cuba
- DC Internships Program
- Child & Family Health International in South Africa
Summer programs are particularly recommended for students whose course loads or atheletic involvement during the semester do not allow them to participate in semester-long, off-campus study programs. Since summer programs often involve working or internship experience alongside academic study, students who are interested in having a working experience abroad are also encouraged to participate in summer off-campus study programs. However, it should be noted that internship credits earned during summer programs are usually not counted towards your graduation criteria, thus students should check with Ms. Amy Weir and the relevant academic department before pursuing the working or internship summer program.
Since Wabash College financial aid is only applicable during fall and spring semesters, students are primarily responsible for funding their study during the summer. Fortunately, Wabash College does offer the Dill Fund and Rudolph Scholarship specifically to support students who wish to participate in summer programs.
Each academic year in the late fall and in early spring, Amy Weir hosts Summer Off-Campus Study Information Sessions for interested students. Please watch your email for the announcements!
Kenneth Rhys Rudolph Memorial Fund for European Summer Study Abroad
Wabash College JUNIORS who did not previously study abroad for a semester are encouraged to pursue summer study abroad in Europe. Thanks to a generous donation from the family of Kenneth Rudolph, a Wabash alumnus, the College is able to offer need-blind scholarships which will defray in part the costs of study abroad and allow the student to earn credit toward graduation.
The deadline for Summer 2018 applications is Friday, March 16, 2018.
- The program is open to currently-enrolled Wabash College JUNIORS
- Students of all majors are eligible
- Students must plan to return to the College at the end of the summer program
Complete online applications will consist of:
- An essay explaining which program you’ve chosen and why and what you hope to benefit from the program. See instructions under “Essay,” taking care to include the URL for the program you’ve chosen.
- A credit approval request (either part of this form or linked to the student to the Registrar’s page for credit approval requests)
- Application submitted to Off-Campus Study Committee
Students receiving a Rudolph Scholarship will be required to submit the following items to report back to the Rudolph Family:
- A thank-you letter
- At least one blog entry focusing on an aspect of your experience abroad, preferably including a photo or two of you engaging in your studies abroad
Ready to apply?