Skip to Main Content

Academic Bulletin Transfer Credit - 2009-10

Currently viewing 2009-10 bulletin

Transfer Credit

Wabash College will accept course credits from other colleges and universities under the following conditions:

The institution must be accredited;

Course work should be liberal arts in nature and acceptable to Wabash College;

The term grade must be at least C;

An OFFICIAL academic transcript (not a grade report) is required to establish an official academic record of transfer credit.

Wabash College will accept for transfer college courses taken by a high school student only when the student enrolled in a section of a college course that included students from the general college population.

Two semester hour credit courses will count as one-half course credit and individual 3, 4, or 5 semester credit hour courses will count as one course credit. Academic departments will have the final decision on transfer credit for courses in their fields.

Transfer credit appears in the student’s academic record as credit without letter grade and is not used in the determination of academic grade point average. Transfer credits to be counted toward the fulfillment of a department major or minor or toward the foreign language requirement or in mathematics must be approved by the department concerned and the Registrar. All other transfer credits must be approved by the Registrar. Transfer credit request forms are available from the Registrar’s Office.

For Continuing Students: Transfer credit will not be accepted unless prior approval has been granted by the Registrar and/or academic departments as needed.

The College grants credit for courses completed for the International Baccalaureate Degree according to the following system: A course with a grade of 5, 6, or 7, provided the course is liberal arts in nature, will be accepted for transfer credit. Total credits will be determined by college policy and may not exceed five course credits per semester. International Baccalaureate credits may not be used for fulfilling science laboratory requirements but may be used for meeting other college distribution requirements.

The College does not award transfer credit for correspondence courses.

The College does not have an R.O.T.C. program.

Back to Top