The Media Center promotes the effective and efficient use of educational technology in teaching and learning. We will assist instructors who wish to use the creative application of technology in their classroom.
Technology can be applied in the classroom:
- To enrich the learning experience with audio, video and
- To repeat and reinforce material in different formats in order
to address various learning styles
- To simulate, repeat and analyze a process
- To engage the students through the senses
- To save time by offering reinforcement and review outside of
- To enhance communication
- To make learning fun!
The Media Center can assist faculty with:
- Conceptualizing and planning a technology project related to teach and learning
- Video taping classes, lab procedures and campus events
- Digitizing and editing audio and video
- Processing still images for the Web or CD delivery
- Converting media
- Region free DVD playback
- DVD or VHS production
- Desktop publishing
- Flat bed scanning up to 11" x 17"
- Slide negative scanning
- Photo quality color printing up to 11" x 17"
Instructional Technology Links
National Institute for Technology & Liberal Education
The National Institute for Technology & Liberal Education (NITLE) was established in September 2001, through a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, to serve as a catalyst for innovation and collaboration for national liberal arts colleges as they seek to make effective use of technology.
MERLOT is a free and open resource designed primarily for faculty and students of higher education. Links to online learning materials are collected here along with annotations such as peer reviews and assignments.
Learning Object, Learning Activities. LoLa is an exchange for facilitating the sharing of high-quality learning objects. It contains materials for use across the curriculum, with a particular focus on modules for Information Literacy.
EDUCAUSE is a nonprofit association whose mission is to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology.
Independent Colleges of Indiana
Designed for ICI members; supporters for Independent Colleges of Indiana,members of the news media; and anyone interested in general information about ICI and the services we offer.
Apple - Teaching and Learning
The digital classroom is in session. An open sharing forum from Learning Interchange authors who regularly contribute their successes to empower other teachers to advance learning in powerful ways too.
The Education Podcast Network
The Education Podcast Network is an effort to bring together into one place, the wide range of podcast programming that may be helpful to teachers looking for content to teach with and about, and to explore issues of teaching and learning in the 21st century.
Open regular hours (Ed Tech Center closes half an hour earlier than regular hours)