Wabash offers a variety of different courses, which has an immersion trip as a required supplement. These courses have focuses ranging from Ancient Rome to Vietnam War. Students are required to take the course in order to participate in the immersion trip. Before the registration period of a semester, the sponsor faculties of each immersion course will send out the description of the available immersion courses in the following semester, as well as how students can apply for their respective immersion course. Students interested in immersion trip should look out for these notice and apply accordingly. Recent students' experience can be found here.
Recent Immersion courses offered at Wabash:
- HIS 300 “Lessons and Legacies of War: Vietnam”
- GER-202 “German Language & Culture”
- THE-303 “A Study in Czech Puppetrya”
- PSC-322 “Politics of the EU”
- MUS 204 “African American Music”
- PSC 210 “Politics of the Civil Rights Movement"
The entire cost to the trip is heavily subsidized by the college. Students are sometimes expected to only pay for their personal spendings.