Skip to Main Content

Academic Bulletin Transfer Credit - 2013-14


Bulletin Search:
  • Current Bulletin
  • Full Bulletin PDF
  • The Curriculum
  • Academic Policies
  • - Normal Course Loads
  • - Credit/No Credit
  • - Transfer Credit
  • - Credit by Examination
  • - Grades
  • - Grading System
  • - Repeated Courses
  • - Honors
  • - Final Examinations
  • - Senior Requirements
  • - Changes in Schedule
  • - Changes in Major,
             Minor, or AoC
  • - Petitions
  • - Excused Absences
  • - Continuance in College
  • - Availability of Student
  • - Student Education
  • - Rule of Conduct
  • - Academic Honesty
  • - Faculty Diversity
  • - Athletic Philosophy
  • Wabash Writing Statement
  • Division I
  • Division I Faculty
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Math & Computer Science
  • Physics
  • Division II
  • Division II Faculty
  • Division II Courses
  • Art
  • Classics
  • English
  • Modern Languages & Literatures
  • Music
  • Philosophy
  • Religion
  • Rhetoric
  • Theater
  • Division III
  • Division III Faculty
  • Division III Courses
  • Economics
  • Education Studies
  • History
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Area of Concentration
  • Business Minor
  • Gender Studies Minor
  • Multicultural American Studies Minor
  • Other Courses
  • Non-Divisional Courses
  • Physical Education
  • Pre-Professional
  • Off-Campus Study
  • Previous Bulletins
  • 2015 Bulletin
  • 2014 Bulletin
  • 2012 Bulletin
  • 2011 Bulletin
  • 2010 Bulletin
  • 2009 Bulletin
  • 2008 Bulletin
  • 2007 Bulletin
  • 2006 Bulletin
  • 2005 Bulletin

    Currently viewing 2013-14 bulletin

    Transfer Credit

    Wabash College will accept course credits from other colleges and universities under the following conditions:


    • The institution must be accredited;

    • Course work should be liberal arts in nature and acceptable to Wabash College;

    • The term grade must be at least C-.


    An OFFICIAL academic transcript (not a grade report) is required to establish an official academic record of transfer credit.


    Wabash College will accept for transfer college courses taken by a high school student only when the student enrolled in a section of a college course that included students from the general college population.


    Individual two semester hour courses will count as one-half course credit. Individual 3, 4, or 5 semester hour courses will count as one course credit. Academic departments will have the final decision on transfer credit for courses in their fields.


    Transfer credit appears in the student’s academic record as credit without letter grade and is not used in the determination of academic grade point average. Transfer credits to be counted toward the fulfillment of a department major or minor, the foreign language requirement, or in mathematics and science must be approved by the department concerned. All other transfer credits must be approved by the Registrar. Transfer credit request forms are available in the Registrar’s Office or on the Registrar’s webpage at


    For Continuing Students: Transfer credit will not be accepted unless prior approval has been granted by the Registrar and/or academic departments as needed.


    The College grants credit for courses completed for the International Baccalaureate Degree according to the following system: A course with a grade of 5, 6, or 7, provided the course is liberal arts in nature, will be accepted for transfer credit. Total credits will be determined by college policy and may not exceed five course credits per semester. International Baccalaureate credits may not be used for fulfilling science laboratory requirements but may be used for meeting other college distribution requirements.


    The College does not award transfer credit for correspondence courses (i.e. Internet courses).


    No more than one transfer course credit may be used per distribution area to meet the requirement. With respect to this requirement, credit earned in approved off-campus study or by Wabash examination will be counted as Wabash course credit.


    Starting in the fall of 2013, the Physics Department will no longer accept a transfer credit for PHY 111 as a prerequisite to the College’s PHY 112.