Twenty-six members have been elected to the Wabash College chapter of Phi Beta Kappa national honorary society.
The oldest American fraternity, Phi Beta Kappa was founded at the College of William and Mary in 1776. The Wabash chapter, Beta of Indiana, was founded in 1898 and each year elects as members students of good moral character and exceptionally high academic accomplishment.
The 24 new senior members are:
• Joal David Beane, a biology major, son of Lyle and Cheryl Beane of Evansville, Ind.
• Douglas Cameron Berry, a psychology major, son of Ms. Rebecca Novak of Haubstadt, Ind.
• Jared Theodore Bogan, an history major, son of Janice Bogan of Struthers, Ohio
• Martin Thomas Brown, an English major, son of Thomas and Debby Brown of Indianapolis.
• Timothy Charles Flowers, a political science major, son of Charles and Loralynn Flowers of Cicero, Ind.
• Dane Logan Fowler, a religion major, son of Don and Rhonda Fowler of Columbus, Ind.
• Christian Michael Habegger, a classics major, son of Michael and Gwen Habegger of Berne, Ind.
• Kyle Mark Harry, a biology major, son of Lloyd and Cristie Harry of Evansville, Ind.
• Aaron Jay Hollowell, a psychology major, son of Stephen and Luanna Hollowell of Winchester, Ind.
• Wesley A. Jacks, a psychology major, son of Alan and Cynthia Jacks of West Lafayette, Ind.
• Peter Arthur Joslyn, a Greek major, son of Dr. E. Allen Josleyn of Bedford, Va.
• Max Tanner Kinkead, a philosophy and Greek double major, son of Gary and Deb Kinkead of Indianapolis.
• Michael Ryan Lawlor, a Spanish and mathematics double major, son of Martin W. Lawlor of Crown Point, Ind.
• Matthew Patrick McKay, a theater major, son of Brian McKay of Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Kariuki Peter Murage, a biology major, son of Gladys Wangechi Murage and Ephantus Njeru Murage of Nairobi, Kenya.
• Christopher W. Ogden, an economics major, son of Kevin and Noreen Ogden of Schererville, Ind.
• Dunmomi Tomiwa Owolabi, an economics and French double major, son of Adekunle and Funmi Owalabi of Ibadan.
• Joseph Jamil Salfity, a biology major, son of Jamil and Jane Salfity of Carmel, Ind.
• Joseph Randall Seger, a religion major, son of Ms. Susan Seger of Jasper, Ind.
• Kevin William Shaw, a mathematics and French double major, son of Ms. Cynthia Shaw of Juneau, Alaska.
• Jacob George Straub, a history major, son of Nicolaus and Linda Straub of Rolling Meadow, Ill.
• Andrew James VanLandingham, a political science major, son of William and Marcia VanLandingham of Indianapolis.
• William Edward Whited, an art major, son of William L. Whited of Downers Grove, Ill.
• Ryan Steele Worley, a biology major, son of Ms. Meredith T. Worley of Crawfordsville.
They join fellow classmates who were elected in their junior year. They are: Eric J. Palacek, Taylor A. Poor, and Daniel A. Yelfimov.
This year’s junior inductees are Steven David Rhodes, a chemistry major, son of Dr. David Rhodes of West Lafayette, Ind. and Trent Alan Rogers, a Greek major, son of William and Charlene Rogers of Frankfort, Ind.