Academic Support Services
Why Should I Use The Center?
- You are assigned a type of paper you have never written before
- You just can't seem to get started on a paper
- You are starting a paper, in the middle of a draft, or ready to hand the paper in
- You develop "writer's block"
- You need help developing/cutting down
- You want help with a specific grammar problem
- You are an International student who needs extra work in English
- You want another reader for your work
- You want to revise your paper for a better grade
- You are underprepared for the demands of college writing
- You have everything but the introduction and/or conclusion
- You are a freshman with an English 101,FT or EQ paper, a sophomore or junior with an essay in your new major, a senior with a resume and a seminar paper; in short, you attend Wabash, so you write
- You are usually a wonderful, good, fair, or poor writer
Who Will Work With Me?
- Juniors and seniors in all majors
- Very good writers and helpful, thoughtful people
- Student who have received special training so they are knowledgable about the best ways to help clients
- Students who will not give you the wrong answer
What Happens at the Center?
- Have a one-on-one tutorial with a member of the staff
- Discuss your writing needs for up to one hour
- Be helped and respected
- Learn more about yourself as a writer
Tues. 11:00 am-4:00pm & 8-10pm
Wed. 12:00-4:00 pm &
Th: 11:00 am-4:00 pm
Fri. 1:00-4:00 pm
Sunday 8-10 pm
How do I Make an Appointment?
Call ext. 6258 or simply drop in, but remember we get busy sometimes so plan ahead