Division I: Science Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapelby Karen Handley • May 10, 2004 Share:
The awards and their recipients are:
• Norman E. Treves Science Award: Jerome Murray
Established by Dr. Norman E. Treves, a 1915 Wabash graduate, the Treves award is given to a senior concentrating in Division I (biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics) who has shown the greatest progress academically and as an individual during his junior year.
• Ernest G. Carscallen Prize in Biology: Galen Collins
The Ernest Carscallen Prize was created by Professor and Mrs. George C. Carscallen in memory of their son. The cash prize is awarded to an outstanding biology major in the senior class.
• Eliot Churchill Williams Undergraduate Prize in Biology: Tony GiaQuinta and Brandon Hayes
The Williams Prize is in memory of Professor Williams who served the College and the Biology Department from 1948 to 1983. It is awarded to an undergraduate student who is majoring in biology.
• Edgar C. Britton Memorial Award in Chemistry: Isaiah Sumner and Jesse Ward
The Edgar C. Britton Memorial Award in Chemistry is a cash prize presented to a senior chemistry major selected by the faculty for his promise in graduate study. It was established in memory of Edgar C. Britton, who attended Wabash as a member of the Class of 1915.
• Howell Chemistry Award: John Dustman, Zachary Kaur, Sandeep Lakhan, Kevin Meyer, Taylor Poor, and Shivang Shah
The Howell Chemistry Award, established in 1948 by former students of Dr. L.B. Howell and his wife, the scholarship is awarded to an upper class chemistry major.
• Underwood Award in Chemistry: Paul Taraska
Established by J.E. Underwood, Jr. in memory of his father, a 1911 Wabash graduate, the Underwood Award is a cash prize that is presented to the junior chemistry major who, in the opinion of the department, is most deserving.
• George E. Carscallen Prize in Mathematics: Tony Smith and Joseph Warfel
The George E. Carscallen Prize was named in memory of Professor Carscallen, who taught mathematics at Wabash nearly 40 years, the cash prize is awarded to an outstanding mathematics major in the senior class.
• Harold Q Fuller Prize in Physics: Christopher Eash
The Fuller Prize in Physics was established in 1979 by Harold Q Fuller, a 1928 Wabash graduate, the award goes to the junior physics major who is judged by the physics department faculty to be most worthy.
• Thomas A. Cole Biology Alumni Prize: Abdulsamin Sajan
The prize is in memory of Thomas A. Cole and his encouragement of research by Wabash graduates. The prize is awarded to a graduate who is involved in further study in the area(s) of biology, environmental science, or medicine.
The Student Honors, Awards, and Prizes Chapel is held every year at Wabash to honor students with awards and prizes for their outstanding work they have demonstrated throughout their college years.
- WLAIP 'Meets Students Where They Are'
- Watson Earns McLain-McTurnan-Arnold Award
- New Buildings Honor Life-Changing Professors
- Markey '12 Delivering on Promise
- Division I: Science Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel
- Division II: Humanities and Fine Arts Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel
- Division III: Social Science Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel