Campus Driver-Part timeDate Posted: 02/22/22
Wabash College seeks candidates who wish to be a campus driver. Campus Drivers perform work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations and to assist clients on entry and exit from vehicles as necessary.
Summary of Job
Job title: Campus Driver
Division/department: Business Office
Reporting relationship: Travel Coordinator
Location of Job: Wabash College
Work schedule: Periodic
Exemption status: Non-Exempt
Payroll status: Hourly
This position requires an employee to drive a vehicle (car, minivan or 12 passenger van) over a scheduled route to transport individuals to and from their desired locations. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, such as; time and date, record mileage, and record of passenger names. Independent judgment must be exercised in handling unusual situations arising with passengers. Employees receive direction and are supervised by the Travel Coordinator. Work is reviewed through observation and review of records.
- High School Degree Required
- Must be 21 years old with a Clean Driving Record
- Employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to pass online driving test (if applicable)
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Enjoys interacting and working with people
- Assists passengers in securing luggage, wheelchairs and other mobility devices.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Ability to operate a 12 passenger van.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background screening.
- Must be available to drive on some nights and weekends
To apply for this position, please upload resume with contact information of three references by choosing apply now.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Kinsey Bays
Return to Listings