Campus Safety Specialist-part timeDate Posted: 10/11/21
Wabash College invites applications for full and part-time Campus Safety Specialists. Campus Safety Specialists provide a range of safety and security services to the college community, including emergency response. They directly support the mission of the Student Life team and report to the Dean of Students through the Director of Public Safety. They are expected at all times to be a professional and courteous safety and security resource for students, employees, and guests of Wabash College.
Campus Safety Specialists follow established safety and security policies and procedures, and enforce college policies by monitoring and patrolling the grounds and buildings of Wabash College. They perform standard crime, fire/life safety, and accident prevention duties, including investigation and documentation of incidents. They may be called upon to perform crowd control and traffic management duties for college events.
Public Safety operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year; therefore, hours and shifts may vary, to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation.
- Experience or equivalent educational training in public safety, security, emergency response, or a related field. Experience should demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and to control a situation and diffuse anger or hostility in others.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse campus community.
- Ability to analyze a situation quickly and objectively to determine the correct course of action.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must have or be willing to complete training in:
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- HAZMAT First Responder
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Basic investigative techniques and processing of evidence
- Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license with good driving record.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this site. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application, as it is not possible to save and return to a partially completed application. Materials will be accepted until position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position(s) are filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings