Assistant Director of Professional DevelopmentDate Posted: 07/13/21
Wabash College seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Professional Development to join our nationally recognized team. This is a 12-month, full-time position contributing to the daily operations of a robust professional development office, student engagement and career advising along with supporting the work of a traditional career services office. The successful applicant will possess the ability to think strategically, plan and execute programs and events, multitask, and work under tight deadlines; a well-developed sense of prioritization; exceptional written and oral communications skills; and a genuine interest in and, preferably, experience in serving the professional development needs of students.
Reporting Structure: Position reports to the Associate Dean of Professional Development.
- Meets with students to conduct career and internship advising appointments; encourages career development/planning interactions; fosters employer development
- Assist students with career preparation skills, including writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, and networking.
- Working directly with students, faculty, alumni, and recruiters to support student outcomes and career exploration for internships, job shadowing, full-time employment, and post-graduate outcomes
- Management and training of student-workers.
- Maintain data in college systems and databases. (Handshake)
- Contributes to the day-to-day operations management of the Professional Development Office
- Coordinate local and national Professional Immersion Experiences.
- Contribute to management of a robust student internship program.
- Serve on various campus committees as appointed.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
Skills necessary for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Strong willingness to learn and embrace new technologies.
- Computer aptitude and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; database software or CRM (Handshake) experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision with strong team-work approach.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a change-oriented, energetic work environment.
- Enjoys interacting and working with people, confronting challenging problems, and learning new skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of constituencies, both internal and external to the College.
- Bachelor's degree. A Master’s degree strongly preferred in Student Personnel, Higher Education, or Human Resources.
- Direct experience working with college students, preferably within a liberal arts setting.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this site. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application, as it is not possible to save and return later to an incomplete application. Job offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Roland Morin
Associate Dean of Professional Development
Return to Listings