Assistant Director of Safety and SecurityDate Posted: 06/18/21
Wabash College invites applications for a full time Assistant Director (AD) of Safety and Security.
The AD of Safety and Security provides a range of safety and security services to the college community, including supervisory of others and emergency response. They directly support the mission of the Student Life team and report to the Dean of Students through the Director of Public Safety. They are expected at all times to be a professional and courteous safety and security resource for students, employees, and guests of Wabash College.
The AD will supervise the Campus Safety Specialists. To this end, the AD will also be expected to be able to complete the day to day duties of specialists. This includes following established safety and security policies and procedures and enforcing college policies by monitoring and patrolling the grounds and buildings of Wabash College. They perform standard crime, fire/life safety, and accident prevention duties, including investigation and documentation of incidents. They may be called upon to perform crowd control and traffic management duties for college events.
The AD must have strong organizational skills and the ability to be flexible. Perhaps most importantly, interested applicants must demonstrate a desire to build and cultivate relationships with the Wabash community. A desire to learn and understand the culture of our unique community is essential.
Public Safety operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year; therefore, hours and shifts may vary, to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree with Experience or equivalent educational training in public safety, security, emergency response, or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain composure in stressful situations and to control a situation and diffuse anger or hostility in others.
- Work effectively with a diverse campus community.
- Analyze a situation quickly and objectively to determine the correct course of action.
- Work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Clearly and precisely communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must have or be willing to complete training in:
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) certification
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- HAZMAT First Responder
- Blood borne Pathogens
- Basic investigative techniques and processing of evidence
- Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license with good driving record.
To apply please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by clicking on “apply now" or at www.wabash.edu/employment
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings