Director of Auxiliaries and Insurance ServicesDate Posted: 04/29/21
Job Title: Director of Auxiliary and Insurance Services
Division/Department: Office of the Treasurer, Auxiliary Services
Reporting Relationship: Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
Office Location: Frank H. Sparks Center
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
HR/Payroll Status: Exempt, 12-Month Appointment, Salaried, Monthly
Wabash College seeks candidates for its position of Director of Auxiliary Services and Insurance Services. The Director of Auxiliary Services provides leadership for all procurement functions including institutional purchasing, contracting, contract negotiation, and implementation and administration of the institutional purchasing card program. The Director coordinates property, liability, and other purchased insurance products and leads internal loss reporting and control functions. The Director manages auxiliary operations on campus including the campus bookstore, mail services, Trippet Hall lodging and hospitality services, travel and motor pool services, property management of college-owned real estate, and externally-provided dining and catering services. The Director contributes leadership to major campus events through the management of contracts and procurement of supplies and services for those events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manage institutional procurement functions, including development of supply chain resources; enhancement of strategic purchasing through supplier diversity initiatives and educational pricing programs; develop, negotiate, and implement vendor and personal service contracts; evaluate lease or purchase alternatives; evaluate and negotiate utility commodity purchases or hedge agreements; construction project contracting; and develop renewal schedules for multi-year contracts or agreements.
- Manage procurement business processes, including use of administrative systems and reporting tools to manage vendor data, purchase orders, and payment terms and provide training and educational resources to the campus community.
- Administer the institutional purchasing card program.
- Lead auxiliary operations including the campus bookstore, Trippet Hall lodging and hospitality services, mail services, travel arrangement and motor pool services, college-owned real estate, and oversees third-party service providers of dining and catering services.
- Direct the procurement of property, liability, vehicle, and other insurance services and manage loss control reporting and mitigation.
- Support campus leadership in key procurement initiatives and needs for special events such as commencement.
- Serve as a liaison for procurement needs and pricing for fraternity and housing units.
- Direct the auxiliary services team, comprised of four team members and serve as a key member of the Treasurer’s leadership team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of procurement experience required including contract development, negotiation, and administration. Higher education experience preferred.
- Additional experience in managing auxiliary operations and/or insurance procurement and loss reporting and control preferred.
- Professional certification(s) in either procurement or risk management and loss reporting/control preferred.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and business process skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and use of administrative systems required.
- Ability to collaborate with the college community, including senior management, faculty and staff members, students, volunteers, and third-party business partners and vendors.
Wabash College offers competitive salaries and benefits. To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by choosing the Apply Now option on this page or at www.wabash.edu/employment. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings