Senior Assistant or Assistant Director of AdmissionsDate Posted: 04/12/21
Wabash College seeks candidates for its position of Assistant Director of Admissions. Wabash is a top-60 National Liberal Arts College, member of Colleges That Change Lives, member of the Liberal Arts Colleges Racial Equity Leadership Alliance, and boasts exceptional outcomes by its students and alumni. The College invests significant resources to ensure all of its students can participate in off-campus and international immersion learning experiences, and almost 80% of all Wabash students secure paid internships as undergraduates. In addition, Wabash boasts Princeton Review Top 10 rankings for Best Internship Opportunities (#1), Best Alumni Network (#1), Most Accessible Professors (#4), and Best Career Services (#7).
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for contributing to the overall recruitment efforts of the College by planning and implementing procedures and programs for attracting and matriculating students. This person will direct and build our partnerships with community-based organizations with a specific focus on serving new majority students as part of the “Restoring Hope, Restoring Trust” grant from Lilly Endowment’s Charting the Future Initiative. Secondary responsibilities include outreach to school counselors and key influencers and the cultivation of Wabash alumni and parent volunteers. The Assistant Director works closely with the Associate Director of Admissions assigned to metro Indianapolis to help the College meet its enrollment goals.
1. Present information about Wabash to groups of students, parents, educators, and alumni on and off campus. Correspond with students, alumni, and parents. Follow-up with students using current contact management methods.
2. Manage recruitment territory that includes high schools in metro Indianapolis, Northeastern Indiana and the state of Ohio.
3. Assist with organization and promotion of summer residence program for rising high school sophomores and juniors enrolled with partner school districts and community-based organizations.
4. Serve as liaison to community-based organizations with a particular focus on underserved minority students in assigned territory and provide support to other enrollment staff members working with community-based organizations outside of assigned territory.
5. Collaborate with coaches recruiting student-athletes from assigned territory.
6. Conduct admission interviews with prospective students.
7. Conduct extensive outreach within assigned non-travel recruitment territory.
8. Assist with general campus visits and programs as assigned.
9. Serve on the Visit Program, Recruitment, and Marketing teams.
10. Review, prepare and route completed applicant files to Admissions committee for review.
11. Work effectively within a team environment.
12. Demonstrate a commitment to recruiting a diverse student population.
13. Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Prior experience within a higher education environment (or combination of experience and education) is preferred. Essential abilities include: familiarity with selective liberal arts colleges and non-profit organizations; well-developed oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational and analytical skills; and the ability to work independently and with a team, as well as with various constituencies. Applicants with a passion for working with new majority students and their families are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by choosing the Apply Now option on this page. Application review will begin immediately. Preferred start date is June 1.
Wabash, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings