Assistant Director of Regional AdmissionsDate Posted: 03/26/21
Wabash College seeks candidates for its position of Assistant Director of Regional Admissions. Wabash is a top-60 National Liberal Arts College, member of Colleges That Change Lives, and boasts exceptional outcomes by its students and alumni. The College invests significant resources to ensure all of its students can participate in off-campus and international immersion learning experiences, and almost 80% of all Wabash students secure paid internships as undergraduates. In addition, Wabash boast Princeton Review Top 10 rankings for Best Internship Opportunities (#1), Best Alumni Network (#1), Most Accessible Professors (#4), and Best Career Services (#7).
The Assistant Director of Regional Admissions is a critical member of the Enrollment Management team and is responsible for creating and implementing all strategies and tactics necessary to enroll a student population from the Western United States with a primary focus on the state of Arizona. This position is fully-remote with periodic trips to campus for training and special campus visit programs. The Assistant Director will work in close collaboration with the Associate Director of Regional Admissions and the Dean of Enrollment to ensure that enrolled students have the resources required for successful integration into the College community.
1. Manage a recruitment territory that includes 8-10 weeks of fall travel and 4-6 weeks of spring travel.
2. Conduct information sessions, both on campus and off, that represent Wabash and the Enrollment Office to a wide range of constituents on all aspect of the College’s academic program[s] and enrollment process.
3. Review applications for all first-year students from the assigned territory
4. Maintain accurate student recruitment records within the office CRM (Slate) consistent with industry best practice.
7. Build and maintain working relationship with key faculty members and with key athletic staff.
8. Work with the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations to build and maintain contact with key Wabash alumni and parent volunteers.
9. Participate and contribute to the overall strategy of the Enrollment Office.
10. Work effectively within a team environment and across multiple departments to achieve tactical goals.
11. Work independently to advance departmental goals and objectives.
12. Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is required. Prior experience within a higher education environment (or combination of experience and education) is preferred; familiarity with selective liberal arts colleges and non-profit organizations; well-developed oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituencies.
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by choosing the Apply Now option on this page. Application review will begin immediately. Preferred start date is June 1.
Wabash, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings