Administrative Assistant to the Wabash CenterDate Posted: 03/25/21
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Division/department Wabash Center
Reporting Relationship Director of the Wabash Center
Location of Job: Wabash Center, Wabash College
Work schedule: Combination of remote and on-site
Exemption status: Non-exempt
Payroll status: Hourly
Wabash College seeks candidates for its open position of Administrative Assistant in the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion.
The Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion is funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., to enhance teaching of religious and theological studies in higher education. The Wabash Center embodies its mission for the support of faculty through such activities as: educational programming, networking/social media, regranting, and educational resources. The Administrative Assistant is part of a staff that thinks creatively to organize, support, implement, and assess Wabash Center activities. Specifically, the work of the Administrative Assistant provides technological support for all the Center’s work as well as administrative support for events and programs. Additionally, he/she is the office receptionist, the first point of contact for all general office emails, phone calls, and visitors.
• Website and social media assistance including, but not limited to, such tasks as: website update and maintenance, daily e-mail alerts to subscribers, management of social media platforms.
• Database assistance including, but not limited to, such tasks as: entry of details related to all Wabash Center publications, including the tracking of submissions through the editorial process; tracking communications with authors, referees, and editors; and the maintenance of publication records; producing reports and providing information to program staff as requested.
• Office duties, including, but not limited to, such tasks as: providing general support for the colloquies and workshops, including the distribution of resources and materials for events, as well as the coordination of on-site events; keeping an inventory of promotional materials; organizing publicity material, announcements, and invitations for distributing and archiving; providing the first contact for all incoming calls, emails, and visitors to the Wabash Center; ordering and purchasing all office supplies; renewing subscriptions of resource and professional periodicals; alerting Wabash College facilities of any technical maintenance needed for the Wabash Center building; picking-up daily mail and packing and shipping for Wabash Center programs.
• Educational Resource assistance, including, but not limited to, such tasks as: assisting in the gathering, curation, and publication of online educational resources; tracking books for review; managing the on-site book collection; corresponding with authors in regards to agreement letters and deadline reminders.
Qualifications & Skills
• Associate’s degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of office employment.
• Proficiency in the use and operation of Apple computer systems, database management (FileMakerPro preferred), Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Previous experience and cultural competency for work with multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic constituencies.
• Attention to details and precision in organizational skills and work product.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on assignments and projects.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and with interruptions.
• Ability to provide cheerful and genuine hospitality to guests and program participants.
• Values working with a team of colleagues.
• Excellent written, oral, and imagination skills.
• Willingness to travel to workshop and conference locations that include overnight stays
A complete application will include: (a) a cover letter, (b) resume and (c) contact information of three professional references.
Please upload these items by choosing “apply now” here or at www.wabash.edu/employment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Beth Reffett
Executive Administrative Assistant
Return to Listings