Administrative Assistant for Professional DevelopmentDate Posted: 09/14/20
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Administrative & Recruitment Assistant for Professional Development. This is a 12-month, full-time position that provides administrative support to Wabash’s nationally ranked Professional Development department. The incumbent will support the work of the team of professionals that work in the Schroeder Center for Career Development.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to think strategically, problem-solve, plan and execute programs and events, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines; a well-developed sense of prioritization; ability to learn and use databases; exceptional written and oral communications skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully managing events and programs for a robust and busy office. A genuine interest in and, preferably, experience in working with talented students to address career preparation is highly desirable.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Associate Dean of Professional Development and CIBE.
- Coordination, updating, and implementation of new technologies and databases including CRM System;
- Management and coordination of the Professional Development calendars; use of offices/space for interviews, workshops, seminars and other events, visiting guests, and departmental meetings;
- Management of Professional Development events, including coordination of calendars, catering, room reservations, publicity, and travel arrangements;
- Reconciliation and monitoring of the Professional Development budgets, including expense reimbursements, purchase order requisitions; and recordkeeping;
- Maintaining office supplies and working technology;
- Serving as a primary building contact during normal business hours and approved special events;
- Assist with training student workers and managing student workers;
- Handling incoming and outgoing phone calls and correspondence;
- Management of all Professional Development office documents, policies, process sheets, and maintaining a filing system;
- Service on various campus committees as appointed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Strong willingness to learn and embrace new technologies;
- Computer aptitude and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required; database software or CRM experience strongly preferred;
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are essential;
- Enjoys interacting and working with people, confronting challenging problems, and learning new skills;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Ability to work with limited supervision with strong team-work approach;
- Ability to work with confidential information;
- Provide careful attention to detail and the ability to multi-task; and
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this site. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application, as it is not possible to save and return later to an incomplete application. Job offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings