Associate Director of Educational DesignDate Posted: 08/19/20
Job Title: Associate Director of Educational Design
Division : Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion
Reporting Relationship Director of the Wabash Center
Exemption Status: Exempt
Work Type: Full time Employ; Remote Work is Possible
Payroll Status: Salary
Locale: Prefer residency in local geographic area
Remote work is possible; commuting would require coming to campus a minimum of twice per month as well as week-long stays when groups are in session
Wabash College seeks candidates for its open position of Associate Director of Educational Design in the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion
The Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion is funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., to enhance teaching of religious and theological studies in higher education. The Wabash Center embodies its mission for the support of faculty through such activities as: educational programming, networking/social media, regranting, and educational resources. The Associate Director of Educational Design is part of a staff that thinks creatively to organize, support, implement, and assess Wabash Center activities. Specifically, the work of the Associate Director of Educational Design includes assisting with overall administration of the programmatic life of the Wabash Center through critical knowledge of educational design, creativity, imagination and collaborative skills.
- Participate as a team member to enhance, enrich and facilitate the mission of the Wabash Center
- Assist with design, implementation, evaluation, and long-range planning of the overall programs of the Wabash Center with particular attention to the remote and online programming
- Coordinate workshops, colloquies, salons, and seminars (on-campus, remote and online)
- Cultivate and maintain relationships and partnerships with higher education groups and guilds (e.g. SBL, AAR, ATS, FTE, REA, etc.)
- Represent the Wabash Center at professional society meetings, conferences, and in media events, as designated by the Director
- Keep abreast of new developments with the scholarship of teaching and learning with particular emphasis upon religion and theology
- Network with individuals and groups who are current participants and potential participants of the Wabash Center
- Participate in the faculty life of the Wabash College, as time and interest warrants
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in fields related to religious education, religion and theology
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time teaching in the fields of religious education, theological or religious studies in higher education
- Previous experience managing educational programming and resources
- Highly values working collaboratively with a supervisor and team members in an ethos of creativity, respect, and collegiality
- Keen ability for collaborative creativity and imagination with a diversity of constituencies from across the U.S. and Canada who teach in a variety of fields and institutional contexts
- Knowledgeable about a variety of approaches and methods in adult pedagogy with expertise in remote pedagogies
- Knowledge in educational software (e.g. Canvas, Blackboard, Zoom, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with minoritized communities in higher education
- Knowledgeable of issues of race, class, gender diversities and articulate about the politics of diversity
- Knowledge of issues of racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, islamophobia, etc., and articulate about systemic and structural oppressions
- Knowledgeable about the wide range of cultural epistemologies and associated pedagogies
- Excellent written, oral, and imagination skills
- Pro-active about and experienced working with issues of cultural competence, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Willingness to travel to workshop and conference locations that include overnight stays
- Gains satisfaction from interacting and working with teachers, confronting challenging problems in higher education, and learning new skills for better teaching and administration.
A complete application will include: (a) a cover letter, (b) curriculum vitae, (c) responses to the two application questions and (d) contact information of three professional references.
Please upload these items by choosing “apply now” here or at www.wabash.edu/employment.
Review of applications will begin October 1 and continue until the job is filled.
Wabash, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Executive Administrative Assistant to the Director of the Wabash Center
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Beth Reffett
Executive Administrative Assistnat to the Director of the Wabash Center
Return to Listings