Student Development and Wellness CoordinatorDate Posted: 06/30/20
Wabash College invites applications for Student Development and Wellness Coordinator. The Student Development and Wellness Coordinator reports to the Associate Dean for Student Engagement and Success and is an essential member of the Student Life Team under the direction of the Dean of Students. The Student Development and Wellness Coordinator contributes to the holistic vision for student success at Wabash by providing students with psychoeducation, wellness initiatives, and educational programming, including but not limited to:
- Success Coaching
- Coping Skills
- Resilience Training
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Substance abuse education
In addition, the Coordinator tracks case management for students with issues related to mental health and wellness. He/she advises the Active Minds peer mentoring group, helps implement JED Campus, and provides other services as needed within the broad responsibilities of Student Life at Wabash.
The Student Development and Wellness Coordinator reports to the Dean of Students through the Associate Dean for Student Engagement and Success, but is expected also to work closely with the Residence Life team, Counseling Services, Health Services, Public Safety, and other key stakeholders on campus.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, Education, or related field.
- Demonstrated professional experience with psychoeducation, health promotion and education, or related field.
- Demonstrated appreciation for student development theory and a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to student health and wellness.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from historically under-served and/or marginalized communities.
- Current understanding of confidentiality polices for both medical and counseling models; understanding of risk management and legal practices
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references by choosing apply now. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. An anticipated start date is August 1, 2020.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Sherry Ross
Sr. Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students
Dean of Students
Return to Listings