CIBE FellowDate Posted: 03/12/20
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Fellow in its Center for Innovation, Business, and Entrepreneurship (CIBE) to begin on or around May 18, 2020. This is a 12-month, full-time position which begins May18, 2020 and ends May 31, 2022 The Fellow will assist in overseeing the daily operations of a dynamic experiential learning program in business and consulting.
The successful applicant will possess the ability to think strategically, plan and execute programs and events, multitask, and work under tight deadlines; a well-developed sense of prioritization; exceptional written and oral communications skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for successfully managing a team of student, and supporting the overall work of the CIBE. A genuine interest in and, preferably, experience in working with talented students to address community issues through a robust engagement and leadership program at the College.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Director of Professional Development and CIBE.
The CIBE Fellow’s specific duties include:
• Project management for CIBE engagements with client, both on- and off-campus,
• Leading and mentoring students in the CIBE Innovation Consultant program,
• Managing and forging professional connections with community partners for consulting engagement work,
• Supervising students in community and campus engagements to solve problem,
• Report on engagement time lines and deliverables to senior staff,
• Managing project design, facilitation, research, and reporting,
• Developing and managing elements of Professional Development for students, and
• Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Recent bachelor’s degree graduate required,
• Experience or exposure to LEAN Process improvement,
• Experience or exposure to Project Management methodologies,
• Demonstrated interest in the innovation, business, entrepreneurship, or consulting space,
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while managing multiple project timelines,
• Driven entrepreneurship/innovation/consulting initiatives to completion, and
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in producing reports and working with multiple constituencies.
While an under graduate the successful candidate would have had the following experiences and exposure:
• Led small project teams
• Taken upon projects with increasing levels of complexity
• Participated in or coordinated community events
• Bachelor's degree,
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of constituencies, both internal and external to the College,
• Direct experience working with students, preferably within a liberal arts setting, and
• Ability to work with confidential information.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this site. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application, as it is not possible to save and return later to an incomplete application. Job offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Roland Morin
Director of Professional Development and CIBE
Center for Innovation, Businees & Entrepreneurship
Return to Listings