Campus DriverDate Posted: 02/06/20
Wabash College seeks candidates who wish to be a campus driver. Campus drivers operate college-owned or rented vehicles to ensure safe, friendly transportation of employees, student groups, and guests to and from various locations and assist passengers in and out of vehicles as needed.
Summary of Job:
Job title: Campus Driver
Division/department: Business Office
Reporting relationship: Travel Coordinator
Location of Job: Wabash College
Work schedule: Sporadic and Irregular
Exemption status: Non-Exempt
Payroll status: Hourly
This position requires a campus driver to operate either a car, minivan, sports utility vehicle, or 12-passenger van over a scheduled route to transport individuals to and from desired locations. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a appropriate records, such as travel dates, times, and location; mileage; and passenger names. Independent judgment must be exercised to manage unusual situations arising with passengers. Employees receive direction and are supervised by the Travel Coordinator. Work is reviewed through observation, review of records, and passenger feedback.
- High School diploma required
- Must be 21 years old with a clean driving record
- Employee must possess a valid driver's license issued by the Indiana Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to pass online driving test (if applicable)
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Enjoys interacting and working with people
- Ability to assist passengers with luggage, wheelchairs, and other mobility devices
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others
- Ability to operate a 12-passenger van
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background screening
- Must be available to drive on some nights and weekends
To apply for this position, please upload resume with contact information of three references by choosing apply now.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes employment applications from persons of all backgrounds without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, gender identification, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or military status, except where such a distinction is a bona fide occupational qualification. Wabash is welcoming for all people who have relationships with the College.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings