Assistant/Associate Director of International AdmissionsDate Posted: 09/18/19
Wabash College seeks candidates for its position of Assistant/Associate Director of International Admissions. Wabash is a top-60 National Liberal Arts College, member of Colleges That Change Lives, and boasts exceptional outcomes by its students and alumni. The College invests significant resources to ensure all of its students can participate in off-campus and international immersion learning experiences, and almost 80% of all Wabash students secure paid internships as undergraduates. In addition, Wabash ranked 10th in Forbes magazine’s “Grateful Grads” list of the happiest and most successful alumni in all of US higher education.
The Assistant/Associate Director of International Admissions is a critical member of the Enrollment Management team and is responsible for creating and implementing all strategies and tactics necessary to enroll a vibrant international student population. This position can work remotely with periodic trips to campus for training and special campus visit programs. The Assistant/Associate Director will work in close collaboration with the Director of International Programs to ensure that enrolled students have the resources required for successful integration into the College community.
1. Manage an international recruitment territory that includes 6-10 weeks of travel.
2. Conduct off-campus information sessions that represent Wabash and the Enrollment Office to a wide range of constituents on all aspect of the College’s academic program[s] and enrollment process.
3. Review applications for all international first-year and transfer students.
4. Work with Financial Aid staff to develop merit-based and need-based financial aid award strategy.
5. Manage Admissions Office social media accounts focused on outreach to international students.
6. Maintain accurate student recruitment records within the office CRM (Slate) consistent with industry best practice.
7. Build and maintain working relationship with key faculty members and with key athletic staff.
8. Work with the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations to build and maintain contact with key Wabash alumni overseas.
9. Participate and contribute to the overall strategy of the Enrollment Office.
10. Work effectively within a team environment and across multiple departments to achieve tactical goals.
11. Work independently to advance departmental goals and objectives.
12. Other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is required with a masters preferred. 3-5 years of admissions and/or recruitment experience. A preference will be given to those with direct overseas recruitment experience. Prior experience within a higher education environment (or combination of experience and education) is preferred; familiarity with selective liberal arts colleges and non-profit organizations; well-developed oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational and analytical skills; ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituencies.
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by choosing the Apply Now option on this page. Application review will begin immediately and continue until filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Sharon Hankins
Senior Administrative Assistant for Enrollment and Operations
Return to Listings