Head Cross Country Coach and Track and Field Assistant CoachDate Posted: 01/22/18
Wabash College is seeking a highly motivated Cross Country coach who will be involved in all areas of coaching and administering a competitive Men’s Cross Country and Track and Field program. The full-time position comes with health-care benefits. This is an exempt position.
The Head Cross Country Coach reports to the Director of Track and Field/Cross Country and is responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport(s) within the guidelines of the NCAA, NCAC, and the College.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities as the Head Cross Country Coach.
- Help maintain Wabash’s leadership position in Cross Country and Track and Field in recruiting, instructing and retaining highly skilled student-athletes for the program.
- Provide instruction to Cross Country and Track and Field student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategies of the various disciplines and competitions.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and regulations of the Director of Athletics, College, NCAC and NCAA.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of Cross Country.
- Counsel student athletes in sport participation, personal development and academics.
- Work with the Admissions Office to recruit, enroll and onboard student-athletes.
- Assist in the monitoring of student-athletes academic progress.
- Assist in fundraising in Cross Country and Track and Field, and with major fundraisers in the Athletic Department.
- Assist in developing strategies for improved recruiting, performance and student-athlete experience.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively teach fundamentals, training details and strategies of Cross Country and Track and Field during preparation and practice sessions.
- Ability to motivate teams to become successful.
- Ability to travel and recruit student athletes.
- Ability to learn and comply with all policies and regulations of the College, NCAC and NCAA.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner with diverse populations, the College community and the public.
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to achieve certification to drive student-athletes to team athletic events.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree. Associated Faculty status available with completion of an advance degree.
- Student-athlete or coaching experience at the high school, college or professional level.
- Valid driver license.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes academically and athletically.
- A background check and official college transcript will be required of the successful applicant.
Wabash College is located in Crawfordsville, Indiana, approximately 45 minutes from both Indianapolis and West Lafayette. In addition to the amenities these cities offer, Crawfordsville is located near some of the best outdoor recreational opportunities in the state. For more information about the College and the local area, see http://www.wabash.edu.
To begin the application process, please select "Apply Now" on this page. At the time of application, please be prepared to submit your cover letter, CV or resume, and list of three persons (including email address and phone number) who would support your candidacy. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Greg Shaheen
Director of Athletics
Return to Listings