Editorial Assistant and Project ManagerDate Posted: 01/11/23
The Communications and Marketing Office at Wabash College seeks a high-energy collaborator to serve as the College’s Editorial Assistant and Project Manager. This relatively small, but high-producing office is responsible for all of Wabash’s internal and external communications, including publication of the award-winning Wabash Magazine, creation of student recruitment and fund-raising materials, production of most campus photography and video assets, website management, production of live-stream video, development of graphics and brand standards, and more.
The successful candidate for the Editorial Assistant and Project Manager position will…
- Have a bachelor’s degree and a resumé chock full of exciting endeavors, ideally with 2-4 years of professional experience;
- Eagerly learn from and teach a talented team of co-workers, while simultaneously managing multiple projects and deadlines with a wide range of clients, projects, and vendors;
- Find joy in discovering and telling good stories about Wabash’s students, faculty, staff, and alumni;
- Have a sharp eye for spotting typos and grammatical errors;
- Steadfastly seek ways to leverage a great video or photo across multiple audiences and media platforms;
- Delight in learning and managing a high-powered project management software tool.
- Manage time-sensitive projects using Workfront software, including staying on schedule and handling logistics;
- Assemble and edit Class Notes, Obituaries, and Remembrances for Wabash Magazine;
- Collaborate with others to provide the most comprehensive and creative coverage of the College, extending stories, video, and photography across multiple media platforms, and ensuring brand consistency across all channels;
- Write, edit, and manage press releases and feature story dissemination;
- Assist staff across the department with purposeful dissemination of creative assets across all platforms;
- Participate in weekly newsroom-style content meetings, keep detailed notes, and regularly share links to fresh content with other offices, including Advancement, Enrollment, and Athletics;
- Manage and refresh content for the various news, photo, video, and podcast pages of Wabash website;
- Other duties as assigned to assist and support the department.
To apply, go to www.wabash.edu/employment, select the position, and click the “Apply Now” button. The application dossier should consist of:
- Letter of application that highlights how your previous experience has equipped you to meet the responsibilities of this position.
- Contact information for three professional references.
This is a full-time, salaried position that comes with full benefits. Inquiries about the position may be sent to Kim Johnson, Director of Communications and Editor of Wabash Magazine, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Kimberly Johnson
Director of Communications and Editor of Wabash Magazine
Communications and Marketing
Return to Listings