Communications and Digital Media CoordinatorDate Posted: 10/26/22
Wabash College invites applications for the position of Communication and Digital Media Coordinator. This is a 12-month, full-time position with benefits (salary or hourly wage depending upon education level) that is a member of the staff of the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion. For a description of the Wabash Center see: https://wabash.center/.
The successful applicant will have a high level of competency in digital technology and social media for the administration of the Wabash Center, experience in website management, organizational communication, and social media coordination. Also, the application must possess the ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and meet deadlines. An ideal candidate will possess an ability to learn and use the internal database system, online application processes, website (development, maintenance, and changes), multi-platform social media engagement, photograph collection, troubleshooting for technology issues for staff. This person is also responsible for keeping the Wabash Center’s technology updated and efficient.
- Coordinate all aspects of communication for Wabash Center.
- Manage all aspects of the FileMaker Pro database, including contact information, responding to requests for system updates, new and revised layouts, adding and deleting fields, and developing reports.
- Manage all aspects of the Center’s Wordpress website (including writing and updating new pages for programming, posting new lead articles, book reviews, syllabi, and grant updates.
- Direct and troubleshoot online application processes for programming.
- Facilitate office use of social media. This involves the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube and the posting of blogs on website.
- Coordinate all mass email announcements, including monthly e-newsletter, blogs alerts, podcast and webinar alerts.
- Support office computer hardware and software questions in conjunction with the College IT support; assist with purchase of computer hardware; manage maintenance of computer equipment.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Associates degree preferred
- Previous experience working in professional office setting preferred
- Previous experience with professional communication, technology, social media
- Computer aptitude and experience with web design, office database skills – up to date on web and database software
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and as a team member with a diverse staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Software used frequently in this job:
SproutSocial, Buzzsprout, Wordpress, FileMaker, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, and Google Analytics
About Wabash College
Wabash College is a private liberal arts college for men located in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Founded in 1832, its mission is to “educate men to think critically, act responsibly, lead effectively, and live humanely,” and it accomplishes its mission in a residential community in which faculty are highly engaged with their students, in and out of the classroom.
Wabash College is home to the Malcolm X Institute of Black Studies, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2020. Approximately 30% of our students are federal Pell Grant recipients, one-third of our students are first-generation college students, and 17% of our students identify as domestic students of color. Wabash is a member of the USC Race and Equity Center’s Liberal Arts Colleges Racial Equity Leadership Alliance, a top-60 Liberal Arts College according to U.S. News, and a member of Colleges That Change Lives. Many students, staff, and faculty find the close-knit community of the residential college one of the most rewarding aspects of their time here.
To apply, click the “Apply Now” button and upload your application materials.
The application materials should consist of:
- Letter of application that highlights how your previous professional experience has equipped you to meet the responsibilities of this position
- Contact information for three professional references
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Rachel Mills, email@example.com. Applications without letter and list of professional references will not be considered.
Review of applications will begin on November 1 and will continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Rachel Mills
Executive Administrative Assistant
Return to Listings