Youth Programming and Outreach CoordinatorDate Posted: 09/19/22
Job title: Youth Programming and Outreach Coordinator
Division/department: Dean of the College / Enrollment
Reporting relationship: Director of Pre College Programs
Supervising responsibilities: Student Summer Program Staff
Exemption status: Exempt
Payroll status: Monthly
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
This position supports College efforts to synchronize enrollment offices, student life, campus operations, and faculty divisions to uniformly guide youth programming on, off, and around campus; both in-person and virtually. Fall and Winter focus will be on program development and recruitment alongside student/family relations with the Underclassman Recruitment Coordinator. Spring and summer emphasis turn towards spearheading implementation and on-site program guidance. This is a grant-funded position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute outreach efforts to increase interest and enrollment in summer pre-college programs as well as at Wabash College.
- Develop best practices around summer youth programming with an eye towards maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Serve as liaison to Housing and Residence Life staff and oversee and manage logistics of day camps and overnight youth programming including but not limited to: housing, food, safety, and scheduling.
- In partnership with Human Resources and the Business Office, oversee and maintain all required agreements, consent forms, background checks, and policy related materials.
- Supervise and evaluate student summer program staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in student life, program recruitment, or youth camps. Previous work experience with youth is preferred.
- Ability to act independently and to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to manage detail, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge and understanding of data gathering, organizing and problem-solving.
- Possess strong human relations and effective communication skills.
- Possess qualities conducive to establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers in a small office setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills.
- Ability to identify with, share in and have a commitment to the mission, and goals of Wabash College.
To apply for this position, select “Apply Now” on this page. At the time of application, be prepared to upload a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin on October 19, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Tyler Wade
Director of Pre-College Programs
Return to Listings