Grant Management SpecialistDate Posted: 06/13/22
Job title: Grant Management Specialist
Division/department: College Advancement / Treasurer’s Office
Reporting relationship: Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations
Supervising responsibilities: No direct reports
Location of job: Hays Alumni Center / Center Hall
Business Office Work schedule: 8:00-4:30, Monday-Friday
Exemption status: Exempt
Payroll status: Salary
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervisor of the Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, this position supports College efforts to secure, manage, and support grant funding from private foundations, corporations, and government agencies with emphasis on post-award administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage post-award activities to provide a full spectrum of service to college faculty and staff.
- Establish grant accounts, review and approve transactions and payroll record assignments prior to posting, and ensure PIs approval of the costs. Additionally, reconcile grants to general ledger and perform journal entries as needed.
- Streamline and improve grant reporting and tracking processes to ensure that Wabash employs best practices related to important funders in ways that are widely known across campus and thoroughly documented.
- Oversee, review, and support the timely submission of necessary reports (program/performance/financial).
- Maintains grant files and documentation for both internal and auditing purposes.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining the College’s F&A Rate.
- Assists with compliance monitoring throughout the grant cycle.
- Work with the Director to develop and conduct informational sessions and workshops for faculty on topics of grant management.
- Occasionally assist the Director with pre-award duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in sponsored research and grants.
- Problem-solving skills combined with the ability to be flexible in the face of changing priorities.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing principles and practices.
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor and close grants agreements of all types and for a variety of purposes in a workable and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of organization, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of computer software related to word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and grant management.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate, grant and financial terminology.
- Ability to inspect and track varied grant projects and to monitor appropriate paperwork, authorizations, signatures, payments, reporting, and compliance.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with parties involved in the grant and financial administration of on-going projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with grant and capital project managers, finance office, legal counsel, all client departments, funding agencies, auditors, and the general public.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks, work independently, maintain confidentiality and take initiative to improve the operation.
- Knowledge and skill in requirements that affect grant program administration, including identification and resolution of grants administration issues and knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the mission and goals of Wabash College.
To apply for this position please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by choosing the Apply Now option on this page. Application review will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful diversity experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a multicultural global world. We welcome applications from persons of all backgrounds. EOE.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
Return to Listings