Research Analyst and Data ManagerDate Posted: 04/26/22
Research Analyst and Data Manager for the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium
Wabash College invites applications for the full-time, salaried position of Research Analyst and Data Manager for the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS). HEDS is an organization of colleges and universities committed to sharing data, knowledge, and expertise to advance undergraduate liberal arts education, inclusive excellence, and student success.
This position can be fully remote for residents of Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio. In-person work at the HEDS offices at Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana, is also possible. If remote, the Research Analyst will travel to Crawfordsville for meetings with other staff members as requested. HEDS will cover travel and lodging expenses if needed. The position is for a standard work week of about 40 hours. The Research Analyst must also be available for calls and video-conference meetings with clients across the country and with the HEDS staff. HEDS will provide a computer. Internet is provided in the HEDS office, but if remote the Research Analyst must provide reliable internet for the position.
The Research Analyst and Data Manager works with the other research analysts and reports to the Assistant Director. The work of the research analysts and the HEDS Staff as a whole is highly collaborative. As part of a collaborative team, the Research Analyst and Data Manager will need to:
- communicate clearly with teammates;
- actively listen to teammates;
- manage priorities in their work and meet the expectations of supervisors;
- identify obstacles and address problems cooperatively;
- take responsibility for mistakes; and
- work supportively and collegially with teammates.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Collecting data from a variety of sources; cleaning, formatting, and analyzing that data; and creating reports, spreadsheets, and other summary/analytical information for institutions.
- Writing clear, accurate, and error free reports and content for website.
- Providing customer service and support.
- Working closely with the research team to ensure the quality and accuracy of HEDS data and reports.
- Working closely with the team to assess and improve our products.
Summary of qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use more advanced features of Microsoft Excel, including macros and formulas.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use statistical software.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use the consortium’s survey engine.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Capacity and inclination to work in a courteous, professional, and responsive manner with institutional representatives.
- Willingness to travel to two or three conferences a year plus travel to meet with other HEDS staff members as requested if working remotely.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams in a fast-paced, “perpetual start-up” environment.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this page. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application, as it is not possible to save and return later to an incomplete application. Please direct questions and applications to Kelly McDorman, Assistant Director of HEDS, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Job offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Contact:Catherine A Metz
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Kelly McDorman
Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium
Return to Listings