The Stephenson Institute for Classical Liberalism Office Assistant-Part time
Date Posted: 10/31/23
The Stephenson Institute for Classical Liberalism invites applications for the position of Office Assistant. This is a part time position providing support for the office operations of The Stephenson Institute’s staff and Director. Responsibilities for this position include event support, reconciling expenses, processing mail, maintaining office supplies, coordinating with student assistants, and other support duties as assigned.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a customer service field such as retail or food service, or prior office support experience. Qualifications include strong time management, organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems creatively. The ability and desire to learn new software is preferred; familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Excel are necessary. This is a part time, hourly position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling for Institute events, including reserving lodging, transportation and venues, ordering food, event set up and tear down, and disseminating publicity.
- Assisting with prep for Summer Seminar, including scheduling, assembling packets and other support.
- Reconciling monthly expenses, including P-cards, reimbursements, processing purchase orders, following up with vendors, filing and recordkeeping.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Distributing materials, including poster distribution, brochures, compiling and maintaining mailing lists, mass mailings, handling incoming and outgoing mail, including package shipments and deliveries.
- Coordinating job tasks with Student Workers and assisting with relevant student group activities.
- Assuring discreet handling of Institute business and maintaining confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications necessary for the position include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Familiar with Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience in a customer service-based industry such as retail, food service or prior office assistant or front desk experience.
- Ability and desire to learn new software.
- Ability to interface with students, staff, faculty, alumni and other constituencies.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to solve problems creatively.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this site. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application. Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. A job offer will be contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:
The Stephenson Institute