Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant
Date Posted: 10/13/23
Job title: Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant
Division/department: College Advancement
Reporting relationship: Senior Associate Dean for College Advancement
Supervising responsibilities: None
Location of job: Kane House
Work schedule: 8:00-4:30, Monday-Friday - Hybrid/Flexible Schedule Possible
Exemption status: Non-Exempt Payroll status: Hourly
Summary of duties and responsibilities
The Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant is an integral part of the Advancement Office and Advancement Services operation. This position is responsible for maintaining all facets of pledge and gift processing including pledge and gift entry and acknowledgment; ecommerce; gift adjustments; and donor documentation and correspondence. The Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant reports to the Senior Associate Dean for College Advancement.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- In partnership with an equivalent Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant, support all facets of the pledge and gift processing operation.
- Maintain ongoing working knowledge of the entire pledge and gift entry process including acknowledgements, ecommerce, and gift adjustments. This requires periodic training of new and updated processes in the Ellucian Colleague Advancement database and Entrinsik Informer reporting tool.
- Daily enter, reconcile, and acknowledge single-year and multi-year pledge commitments.
- Daily enter, reconcile, and receipt gifts to the College. Gift forms include cash, check, credit card, recurring credit card, appreciated securities, payroll deduction, matching gifts, license plates, in-kind, memorial, honorary, actualized planned gifts, gifts from donor advised funds, gifts from foundations, and others. Daily gift entry is balanced between the two Gift Processing and Advancement Assistants.
- Daily reconcile the following forms of miscellaneous credit card transactions:
- Alumni event credit card
- Career Services event credit card
- Periodically enter, reconcile, and acknowledge as appropriate, all pledge and gift adjustments.
- Coordinate credit card refunds through the ecommerce system.
- Maintain donor pledge and gift documentation for the Advancement Office for purposes of the College’s annual audit.
- Handle gift and designation correspondence between the Advancement Office and Business Office.
- Answer telephone calls and email communications from alumni, parents, and friends of the College relating to giving and College Advancement. The Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant positions provide coverage for the Advancement Office’s 877-743-4545 phone number and email@example.com email address.
- Attend staff meetings and actively participate in those meetings.
- Complete reimbursement reports and other reports as assigned in a timely manner.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities as they are made available.
- Fulfill other appropriate duties as assigned.
Evaluation of Advancement Staff is an ongoing process. Interim goals and objectives will be set and monitored on a regular basis. Formal evaluation will occur in May of each year.
- High School Diploma and 3-5 years relevant professional experience.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a larger team of college advancement professionals.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software.
- Knowledge of general accounting concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Apply: To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting Apply Now on this site. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership among diverse populations around the globe. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:
Sr Admin Asst to the Dean of College Advancement