Wabash Welcomes You to Homecoming Weekend Activities
by Karen Handley
September 21, 2005
Wabash College invites you to a variety of public events scheduled during Homecoming Weekend, September 23-24. A musical concert, art exhibit, Alumni Chapel, and, of course, football are just some of the activities planned.
Friday’s events include:
• Art Exhibit—Print Biennial I: An Exhibition of Traditional and Digital Printmaking and Photography. This exhibition is a national print invitational organized by the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, which showcases contemporary currents in print media. The works selected for this touring exhibition include a range of traditional approaches to printmaking and photography, as well as works that reflect artists’ incorporation of digital media into their print practices. The exhibit consists of 61 works by 33 artists who examine the changing directions of the contemporary print. The exhibition will run through Saturday, October 8. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday 9-5 p.m. and Saturday 10-2 p.m. Admission is free.
Saturday’s events include:
• The Homecoming Alumni Chapel at 11 a.m. in the Pioneer Chapel. Join the National Association of Wabash Men for a festive celebration of Wabash College and its honored graduates. A number of alumni awards will also be presented. In addition, two members of the Wabash College community, Malcolm "Mac" Petty and Robert Cooley, will be named honorary alumni.
• The annual freshman decorations will be on display at fraternity houses and Martindale Hall all day. The fraternities will have floats, banners, and other homecoming ornamentation at their houses. Winners will be announced at halftime of the football game.
• The Homecoming Concert, featuring performances by several Wabash music ensembles at 8 p.m. in Salter Concert Hall in Fine Arts Center, located on Grant Avenue. The Concert is free and open to the public.
Athletics play a major role in the Wabash Weekend. The Little Giants will participate in:
• The football game: The Little Giants, coached by Chris Creighton, will clash with the Earlham Quakers. The game will begin at 2 p.m. in the Byron P. Hollett Little Giant Stadium and features not only a good contest between the two schools, but also the fraternity pledge class cheer contest at halftime. Game tickets are $5 adults, $3 students, kids under 6 free. Available at the gates.
For further information about the weekend, please contact the Office of Public Affairs at 765-361-6396 or the Office of Alumni Affairs at 765-361-6369.
For more information see: