Career Services Career Test Drives
Career Test Drives enable students to experiment first-hand in an organization, industry, field, or kind of life. This experience builds the critical knowledge and insights for discerning the best possibilities for career development--where strengths and interests fit with opportunity. Students spend one day to one month learning in an intensive job-shadow experience, often using school breaks to advance knowledge and prepare for summer internships and jobs.
How to get a test drive:
- Posted Test Drives--Search WabashWorks regularly for new Test Drive posts; typically, many Test Drives are posted for academic breaks (Fall Break, Winter Break, Spring Break).
- Freestyle Test Drives--Work with Career Services to find a Test Drive when none of the posts match an interest; we will help you find leads; you will do some of the legwork to set up the Test Drive. Contact Cassie Hagan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get started.
Career Test Drive Examples:
- Interested in law? Spend some time with Wabash alumni in law to figure out whether this path is right for you and help decide between different tracks (IP or immigration? How about corporate law?).
- Interested in healthcare? We have a lot of Test Drive possibilities ranging from practicing physicians to professionals in healthcare administration.
- Marketing? Finance? Operations? Ministry? Non-profits? We can help you find a test drive to explore a career possibility for you.
Funding your Test Drive:
- Career Test Drives are typically short and unpaid.
- Funding for Test Drives is available through the Wabash Callings program. You may qualify for up to $500 for Test Drives more than 100 miles from Crawfordsville, lasting more than 5 business days, or up to $200 for all other Test Drives. To apply for funding, you must complete this form and return it to email@example.com, along with your polished resume.
- Note that by bundling a funded Test Drive with a Bash Bunk and a visit to the Suit Room, there is almost no excuse for missing out on these opportunities.
ALUMNI, RECRUITERS AND FRIENDS OF THE COLLEGE
If you would like to offer your assistance in the Career Test Drive program, please fill out this form and return it to Cassie Hagan (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can invite Wabash talent into your organization for a brief, engaging, and free experience.