Wellness Getting Started/FAQs
Where and When can I work out?
The main floor of the Allen Center has a fitness center with cardio and strength equipment. South of the fitness center is the aerobics room, a racquetball court and an indoor track. The swimming pool is located on the lower level. Hours are posted on the website.
Are there racquetball court restrictions?
Street shoes must NOT be worn on the courts at any time. Protective eyewear is required. Wearing the safety cord on the handle of the racquet is recommended.
ALLEN CENTER USAGE:
The Allen Athletic and Recreation Center is available exclusively for:
- Full-time registered Wabash College students.
- Student guests are allowed if the student signs in the guest and accompanies at all times.
- Wabash faculty, staff, trustees including spouse, significant other or life partner and dependents between the ages of 14 and 23.
- Emeritus faculty and staff including spouse, significant other or life partner and dependents between the ages of 14 and 23.
- Alumni including spouse, significant other or life partner, when on-campus actively engaged with the College's operation.
Hours may vary based in the event of: special events planned in or around the Allen Center, sporting event schedules, inclement weather, operational issues within the Fitness Center, availability of student workers, repeated misuse of or failure to clean/reset equipment for the next user.
IS the outdoor track OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?
No. Use is limited to the Wabash Community during normal hours, except when varsity sports practice from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
IS the INdoor track OPEN?
Yes. The indoor track is available when the Allen Center is open. However, is it closed daily from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for varsity practices.
Do I need to sign in before using the facilities?
Yes. Please sign in at the front desk of the weight room, the indoor track, or the natatorium.