Pastoral Leadership Program Outline
What will Wabash Pastoral Leaders do at the sessions?
The purpose of the sessions is to help pastors to do their thinking in the best of company about significant issues and to reflect about how to proclaim the gospel more effectively in contemporary culture in order to cultivate the common good.
- The group will meet ten times over two years (usually 2-3 days in Jan, March, May, July, Oct or Dec) at Wabash College, and will also have the opportunity for a North American Study Tour in the first year and an International Study Tour in the second year for discussions with Christian leaders.
- Each of the sessions will include opportunities for renewal, worship, discussion with leaders about the selected topic, and peer discussion of resources in Christian thought and action for clear ethical analysis and effective response in congregations and communities
- Previous topics have included
- The special nature of pastoral leadership
- Community & pastoral well-being
- Education in Indiana
- Indiana's changing economy
- Indiana's changing demography and immigration
- Health care
- Administering justice
- In the second year of the program, participants will be expected to develop and implement a Leadership Project in their local communities.