Pastoral Leadership Nomination
Nominations are accepted perpetually. Nominate an outstanding Indiana pastor for the Wabash Pastoral Leadership Program using the form below, and we will notify them when the next application period opens.
We seek younger pastors with 5-10 years of experience in ministry (generally in their 30s to early 40s) who have developed some confidence, optimism, and security in a pastoral role, and who demonstrate high potential for the next two to three decades of Christian ministry.
The WPLP is open to pastors who:
- Currently serve as a pastor of a Christian congregation in Indiana
- Hold an M.Div degree from an accredited seminary (In some cases, pastors who do not hold an M.Div. degree are accepted into the program. Please see application for further details.)
- Have approximately 5-10 years experience in ministry since graduation or ordination
- Will not be enrolled in a doctoral or other degree program during the two years of the WPLP
Criteria for selection will include:
- Vocational clarity
- Theological acuity necessary to interpret the experience in the program and analyze results
- Appropriate balance of confidence and ability
- Good public speaking and preaching
- A healthy ego necessary for creativity, integrity, and humility
- An ability to listen to and communicate with a diverse group of people from different social and theological backgrounds for the sake of the common good
Pastors from all Christian traditions, including Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Pentecostal, and Independent are welcome.
Thanks to generous funding by the Lilly Endowment, this prestigious program is provided at no cost to the pastor, who will receive a $10,000 stipend for full participation in ten sessions on the campus of Wabash College and two 7- to 10-day study tours over the two-year period.
Questions? Email program administrative assistant Rachel Hassler at email@example.com.