Pastoral Leadership Eligibility
Who is eligible to participate?
We seek younger pastors (generally in their 30s to early 40s) with 5-10 years of experience in ministry who have developed some confidence, optimism, and security in a pastoral role, and who demonstrate high potential for the next two to three decades of Christian ministry.
The WPLP is open to pastors who:
- Currently serve as a pastor of a Christian congregation in Indiana
- Hold an M.Div degree from an accredited seminary (In some cases, pastors who do not hold an M.Div. degree are accepted into the program. Please see application for further details.)
- Have approximately 5-10 years experience in ministry since graduation or ordination
- Will not be enrolled in a doctoral or other degree program during the two years of the WPLP
Criteria for selection will include:
- Vocational clarity
- Theological acuity necessary to interpret the experience in the program and analyze results
- Appropriate balance of confidence and ability
- Good public speaking and preaching
- A healthy ego necessary for creativity, integrity, and humility
- An ability to listen to and communicate with a diverse group of people from different social and theological backgrounds for the sake of the common good
We hope that the participants will share basic assumptions regarding pastoral collegiality across social and theological divides; the character of constructive engagement and dialogue; the value of pastoral congregational ministry; and the necessity of professional pastoral development.
Participants will reflect a broad spectrum of Indiana pastors, including regional, denominational, theological, racial, and ethnic and gender difference.