2005-2006 Sports Season Starts with Fun Run, Football Scrimmageby Brent Harris • August 27, 2005 Share:
The first events of the 2005-2006 Wabash sports season started Saturday with the annual Alumni Fun Run and Red-White Football Scrimmage.
The day started with 13 former Little Giant cross country runners returning to campus to race against the 2005 Wabash varsity cross country team. The groups completed the four-mile race, then gathered at the home of Dean of Students Tom Bambrey '68 and his wife, Roselie, for a luncheon.
Despite a delay caused by a brief thunderstorm that rolled across campus Saturday afternoon, Head Coach Chris Creighton and the rest of his staff got a chance to see the 2005 Wabash football team perform in front an enthusiastic crowd at Byron P. Hollett Little Giant Stadium in the annual Red-White scrimmage. The Little Giants ran several eight-play drives on offense and defense, in addition to several special teams situational plays.
The weekend concluded with a soccer scrimmage against Marian College Sunday at Mud Hollow Field. The Little Giants got two goals from sophomore Gary Simkus. He fired the first goal of the game into the back of the net on passes from Chris Serak and Mark Server.
The soccer team starts the official portion of the season Friday at 4 p.m. against Kalamazoo College as part of the Wabash/DePauw Soccer Classic. The cross country team will serve as hosts of the annual Wabash Hokum Karem next Saturday at 10 a.m. The football team will have a final tune-up next weekend when it travels to Wheaton, Illinois for a scrimmage against Wheaton College at 1 p.m. The Little Giants open the 2005 campaign against the Kalamazoo College Hornets Saturday, September 10 at 1 p.m. at home.
- Stokes Memorial Service Set
- Feller Earns NSF Grant
- OLAB Tackles Labor Negotiations
- Wabash Men Immersed in Liberal Arts
- 2005 Charlie Finch ’51 Memorial Fun Run
- Roncalli to Wabash Pipeline Opens Up
- Frazee Is Realizing The Dream
- Roop Becomes His Own Man
- Pynenberg Finds Success in the Classroom and the Football Field
- Linebacker Selby '06 Bouncing Back from Broken Leg
- Little Giants Work Through Tough, Hot Camp Week
- Wabash Tailgate Information (Allgheny Info)
- 2005-06 Sports Season Begins With Football Check-In
- Football Team Members Repeat Plane Pull Charity Win
- Little Giants Tabbed Second in Pre-Season Polls