Smarty Who? Reunions Are More Fun Than Horse Racing!by Jim Amidon • June 6, 2004 Share:
Skip Lindeman ’64 brags that he did NOT pick Smarty Jones to win the Triple Crown!
More than 240 alumni and close to 400 people celebrated in high style at the first Big Bash Reunion Weekend. The classes of 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, and 1999 gathered on campus to get caught up, see the changes to campus, attend colloquium sessions, and participate in the first ever Alumni Chapel Sing.
The Class of 1954 won the award for highest percentage of the class returning to Big Bash, but the Class of 1969 had more actual attendees who signed the Alumni Register.
On Saturday evening, the classes gathered separately in nine different venues on the Wabash campus. Included were recent projects of the Campaign for Leadership, such as new fraternity houses, the Allen Center, the Malcolm X Institute, and Trippet Hall.
Alumni celebrated until well past midnight, yet some were still up early enough Sunday morning to attend one of two on-campus religious services prior to the closing Awards Brunch.
- Smith Hired as Controller at Wabash
- CIBE Partners Keep Crawfordsville Competitive
- WDPD to Hold Montgomery County Zoning Talks
- Celebration of Student Research Lives Up To Its Name
- Smarty Who? Reunions Are More Fun Than Horse Racing!
- Running, Walking, Singing, and Memories: Saturday at Big Bash
- Big Bash Banquet a Big Hit!
- Big Bash Weekend Starts with a Bang
- Campus Ready for Big Bash Weekend