Research Analyst and Data Manager for the Higher Education Data Sharing ConsortiumDate Posted: 02/18/19
Wabash College invites applications for the full-time position of Research Analyst and Data Manager for the Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS). This is a one-year position with the possibility of renewal. HEDS collects, analyzes, and disseminates quantitative data to support institutional research, institutional effectiveness, and assessment at more than 140 private colleges and universities. The Research Analyst and Data Manager works in collaboration with the other three research analysts and reports to the Assistant Director.
The Research Analyst and Data Manager will identify, collect, format, and analyze data and develop reports and dynamic spreadsheets for consortium institutions using institutional data and data from HEDS unit record surveys. The Research Analyst and Data Manager will also provide customer service and support for HEDS institutional and unit record survey data collection.
Summary of responsibilities:
• Collecting data from a variety of sources; cleaning, formatting, and analyzing that data; and creating reports, spreadsheets, and other summary/analytical information for member institutions.
• Writing clear, accurate, and error free reports and content for website.
• Providing customer support.
• Working with the research team to ensure the quality and accuracy of HEDS data and reports.
• Working with the staff to assess and improve our products.
Summary of qualifications skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher required
• Basic skills with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability and willingness to learn how to use more advanced features of Microsoft Excel, including macros and formulas.
• Ability and willingness to learn how to use statistical software.
• Ability and willingness to learn how to use the consortium’s survey engine.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong quantitative skills.
• Capacity and inclination to work in a courteous, professional, and responsive manner with institutional representatives.
• Ability to work both independently and in teams in a high pressure, “perpetual start-up” environment.
To apply for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references by selecting “Apply Now” on this page or at www.wabash.edu/employment. Please have all materials ready to submit at the time of application. Please direct questions to Kelly McDorman, Assistant Director of HEDS, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wabash College, a liberal arts college for men, seeks faculty and staff who are committed to providing quality engagement with students, high levels of academic challenge and support, and meaningful experiences that prepare students for life and leadership in a diverse, multicultural world. Wabash is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 352
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
For general questions about the position or the department, contact:Kelly McDorman
Center of Inquiry and Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium
Return to Listings