Career Services Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is the effort to create something new that solves problems in our communities, markets, and world. It is risky and intensive, and it often requires an exceptional synthesis of bold vision, ingenuity, complex problem-solving, effective communication, and work ethic. The Wabash education of the whole person prepares excellent entrepreneurs, ready to tackle tough problems with novel solutions.
At Wabash, entrepreneurship connects with critical thinking, responsible action, humane living, and effective leadership. It connects the creative, insightful, and adventurous liberal arts learner with a world in which he is ready to enact change. Whether in for-profit startups, ventures for social purpose, or community engagement projects, Wabash is ready to enable its students' big ideas.
EDUCATION is crucial to a strong start in entrepreneurship.
- Signature Event--THE ENTREPRENEUR SUMMIT, dedicated to inspiring and educating future entrepreneurs
- Advice for getting started in personal consultations
- Curated links to help you learn more about entrepreneurship and build the skills you need
OUR SUPPORT puts students into a community of entrepreneurs with the resources they need to bring an idea to life.
- Signature Program--THE FORGE, a co-working community dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship at Wabash
- Signature Program--Schroeder SEED Grants, micro-grants for initiating new student ideas
- Collaboration resources through the Wabash Entrepreneur Network
TAKING ACTION is the only way to get a new idea off the ground and out into the world.
- Signature Event--IDEASPARK, dedicated to turning an idea into a concrete plan of action
- Curated links to additional paths to action, including funding sources and plan competitions
WABASH ENTREPRENEURSHIP NEWS
November, 2013--Turnbeaugh and Alter win IDEASPARK 2013.