Robert Wedgeworth Research, Scholarship and Creativity Awards
With financial support from Robert and Chung-Kyun Wedgeworth, Lilly Library is pleased to offer the Robert Wedgeworth Library Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Award starting in 2010. With generous grant support from the Center of Inquiry in the Liberal Arts, the Lilly Library bestowed the first annual Lilly Library Research, Scholarship, and Creativity Awards in 2007. Each year, three students who make the most effective use of library resources in developing their Celebration presentations will receive $150 cash awards.
Wedgeworth ’59 Delivers Inaugural Evans Lecture
- Award winners in 2013
- Jeffrey Bohórquez "Escobar, the Boss of Evil, International Ambassador of Colombia"
- Julian Jose Cernuda "The Logical Man in Borges’ World of Chance and Disorder"
- Bradley Wise "Ecuador: Afro?Ecuadorian Culture Documentary"
- Award winners in 2012
- Kyle Martin Bender "Trends Within Presidential Inaugural Addresses, 1913-2008.”
- John Anderson Murrell "Bomba Music: Evolution and Contextual Function."
- Reginald Nadjae Steele "From Negro Spirituals to Black Gospel Music: History of a Musical Tradition."
- Award winners in 2011
- Michael Holmes "A Snow Flake Gauntlet"
- James Nossett "Majority In the Middle? The Impacts of Partisan Ideological Polarization on Independent Voters"
- Adam Schenk "Roma Aeterna: Hadrian and His Plan for City and Empire"
- Award winners in 2010
- Mitch Brown "Luxury and Austerity: Two Centuries of Discourse in Roman Society"
- Paul Musielak "Using Empirical Evidence to Examine Depositor and Bank Behavior: Capital Sources for Banks Before and After the Recession of 2008."
- Derrek Yager "Bloody Spain"
- Award winners in 2009
- Sean Clerget "More than Minimal: Judicial Minimalism in the October 2006 Supreme Court Term"
- Sean Huston "Road to Indiana Statehood"
- Greg Slisz "Against All Odds: The 1955 Crispus Attucks Boys High School Basketball Team"
- Award winners in 2008
- Mitch Brown "Brown County: Continuing The Tradition"
- Ryan Morris "Les Harki Et La Stigmatisation Héréditaire: The Story Of Pro-French Algerian Supplementary Soldiers In The Algerian War Of Independence"
- Tyler Williams "The Study and Impact of Civil War Re-enactment"
- Award winners in 2007
- Dick Page "Indian Adoption of European-style Slavery"
- Joshua Paul "Prejudice Against People with Disabilities: Automatically Activated Stereotypes and Their Effect on Subsequent Judgments and Interaction"
- Aaron Spolarich "Vonnegut: A Hoosier Legacy"