Wabash Student Tony Lobdell Missing in Argentinaby Jim Amidon • April 21, 2004 Share:
Lobdell, who is a Spanish minor, was last seen and heard from on April 9, the final day of Spring Break. He had been traveling near Patagonia when he was last seen, which reportedly was in the area of Bariloche.
Lobdell is an experienced traveler in Latin America, having spent last summer on Wabash's Ecuadorian program. He was to have studied in Spain this term, but elected to spend the semester in Mendoza after his interests in Latin America and Latin American politics were piqued while in Ecuador.
"Our hope is that Tony is simply traveling on an extended holiday," said Dean of the College Mauri Ditzler in an announcement to the Wabash community. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fraternity brothers during this nervous time."
If friends or family have heard from Tony Lobdell since April 9, they should contact the Wabash College Public Affairs Office (765-361-6364) immediately.
- Wabash A 2016 Fiske Guide Best Buy School
- New Buildings Honor Life-Changing Professors
- ICI/Ball Brothers Grant Spurs 3D Printing
- Markey '12 Delivering on Promise
- Wabash Mourns Apparent Loss of Tony Lobdell
- Search Continues Saturday for Missing Wabash Student
- Police Find Lobdell's Passport; Intensify Search
- U.S. Embassy Issues Public Plea for Help
- Wabash Student Tony Lobdell Missing in Argentina