Journalism Awards Given at Annual Awards Chapelby Karen Handley • April 29, 2005 Share:
Director of Public Affairs Jim Amidon has announced the Robert S. Harvey Journalism Award, the Robert S. Harvey Outstanding Editor Award, the Jim Leas Outstanding Student-in-Journalism Award, and the Patterson-Goldberger Outstanding Freshman in Journalism Award at a recent Student Honors, Awards, and Prizes Chapel held at the College.
The Robert S. Harvey Journalism Award went to: Ali M. Ahmed, Steven M. Andrews, Shay A. Atkinson, Nelson K. Barre, Jr., John S. Budnik, Andrew T. Cartwright, James A. Chatt III, Stephen R. Crockett, Timothy C. Flowers, Nicholas S. Gregory, Adam R. Hawkins, Travis E. Ross, Jefferey R. Sostak, and Ashley R. Stephen.
The Harvey Journalism Award is presented annually, on the vote of the Board of Publications, to the chair of the Board of Publications and the editors of the member publications. This award recognizes the fact the editors, above all others, had to make the supreme sacrifice to make the publications successful.
The Robert S. Harvey Outstanding Editor Award was presented to Ali M. Ahmed and Adam R. Hawkins.
The Jim Leas Outstanding Student-in-Journalism Awards was presented to Timothy C. Flowers.
The Leas Award was endowed by the Crawfordsville Journal Review, and is a cash award given to that student who, in the judgement of the Wabash College Board of Publications, best exemplifies those standards of journalist excellence which Jim Leas demonstrated in his 20 years of sports writing.
The Patterson-Goldberger Outstanding Freshman in Journalism Award was presented to Nelson K. Barre, Jr..
The Freshman Journalism Award is presented to the member of the freshman class who contributed most significantly to journalism in his first year at Wabash.
The Student Honors, Awards, and Prizes Chapel is held every year at Wabash to honor students with awards and prizes for their outstanding work they have demonstrated throughout their college years.
- Fast Start Stalls In Loss at Wittenberg
- U.S. News Rates Wabash a Top-Tier School
- Six Programs Prominently Ranked
- 2017 Princeton Review Lauds Wabash
- Mackintosh Fellows Named at Annual Awards Chapel
- Division I: Science Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel
- Division II: Humanities and Fine Arts Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel
- Division III: Social Science Department Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel
- Dean of the College Mauri Ditzler Names Honorees at Annual Awards Chapel