International Center Study Abroad
Welcome to Wabash Off-Campus Studies!
This web site will facilitate participation in an approved off-campus study program. Whether you choose a program within the United States or in another country, Wabash College believes that this can be one of the most important and transformative experiences of your life.
FINAL DEADLINE to study off campus during either semester of 2015-16, is Friday, December 4 at 4:00 PM
Attend one call-out meeting in Baxter 101: September 16 & 30 at 11:07 AM
Attend the STUDY ABROAD FAIR: Tuesday, September 29 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM
The FIRST DEADLINE is Friday, November 13 at 4:00 PM.
- You must have started your online application.
- With your advisor, completed your Graduation Plan.
- Selected 2 faculty who taught you in class.
- Selected a program.
- Completed online the approval requests for 5-10 courses.
- Update/add courses whenever they change.
PLEASE contact Amy Weir for all questions and assistance: email@example.com.
Bring your questions about how to get started, the process, approvals, essays, recs., etc.
Modern Language majors and minors: you must begin the process of program selection by FIRST discussing your plans with your current language professor who will provide an evaluation of your level of proficiency. This information will be key to selecting the best possible program for you. Professor Gómez MUST approve your program and courses. All language classes taken abroad must be approved by Dr. Gómez.
- If you plan to study in another country, apply for a passport now! Click here for the US Department of State passport information.
- Attend at least one Call Out / Informational Meeting.
- Discuss your potential plans with your Academic Advisor.
- Search for an OCS Program.
- Click here for programs taught primarily in Spanish, French, German, or English Harlaxton.
- For semester abroad programs, students still pay Wabash College tuition to Wabash and receive applicable financial aid credited toward that cost. Exceptions to this principle are that when programs have a higher tuition cost than Wabash, students pay the higher amount. Also, for the Harlaxton program, all costs are paid directly to Wabash.
Therefore, for most programs, students pay Wabash tuition to Wabash and receive applicable aid; then room and board costs are paid directly back to the program; airlines are paid directly for all flights, and souvenirs, extra travel, etc. are paid directly to the supplier. Please clarify costs with the study abroad office before applying, and make sure that your parents understand before you apply.
Complete costs of Off-Campus Study and how to pay for it.
- By November 22, request approval of all courses to be taken off-campus.
- Complete the entire on-line application by December 5.
- Await decision of the Off-Campus Study Committee, January of 2016.
- If approved by the OCSC, apply to your program.
- Financial Matters & Cost Estimate Form.
- Once approved by your program click here.