First, collect the following:
1. Your real birth certificate (not a copy) usually available from the Health Department or Clerk's Office in the county where you were born. It will be returned.
2. Fill out the online passport application for a book style passport (not a card). Print the application (do not sign yet).
3. A money order or check for $110 to the US Department of State and $25 cash.
4. Photo ID: driver's license and/or Wabash ID.
5. Two good quality color photographs, white background, 2" x 2."
To apply, go to the Montgomery County Courthouse, 2nd Floor, Clerk's Office.
As soon as possible, students and other international travelers should apply for a passport. This is true for many reasons, but primarily because it will cost less if one does not need to expedite the application, and because if a visa is required, the visa usually is placed inside the passport so you need the passport first. Often, visa processing takes several weeks or months, often requiring personal visits to a distant consulate. Parents can help by supplying to their student with an original birth certificate.
The Five (5) items listed above should be taken to the Clerk's Office, 2nd Floor in the Courthouse in Crawfordsville, or to any other courthouse or US Post Office that processes passports. Do not sign the application until the person receiving the application tells you to sign.
It is possible to expedite passports by paying extra charges; same day is also available in certain centers in the USA; please see the State Department's web site.
1. Application Form and conditions If your current passport meets these conditions, you may apply by mail (PLEASE USE TRACKABLE EXPRESS MAIL - FEDEX, DHL, US Postal Service). Address supplied at the end of the form. (Philadelphia Passport Agency)
2. $110 money order or check to the US Department of State (no further cost).
3. Two photographs (see specifications above).
4. Current passport (it should be returned to you with new one).
QUESTIONS? Call the Clerk's Office (765) 364-6430 x2 Crawfordsville, IN
Award for Summer Study in Europe
Adam Barnes, Valencia, Spain
Nate Chapman, Sussex, England
David Myles, London School of Economics
Givens Award for the study of Western Art in Europe
Fall 2012 Winners
Zach Churney, Germany
Nick Reese, England
Larry Savoy, Spain
Drew Songer, Italy
Sebastian Garren, Italy
Corey Hamilton, Italy
Nick Sladek, Italy
Both of the above awards are competitive, and require prior approval to study off-campus. Please contact David Clapp in the International Studies Office for details regarding both awards and the application procedures