International Center Financial Matters
A Wabash student who is approved for Off Campus Study will pay Wabash semester tuition and a $1,000 administrative fee. A few programs, are more expensive than Wabash tuition, and in these cases the student will pay the difference (the amount above our tuition). It is the responsibility of the student to pay all other costs (housing, meals, airfare, books, etc.) to the appropriate service provider. The OCS Office will assist students in determining these costs and procedures.
Students will receive financial aid up to the cost of Wabash education. Each student will be billed by the Business Office directly, with appropriate Financial Aid subtracted.
WABASH COLLEGE OFF-CAMPUS STUDY FINANCIAL PROCEDURES
- Wabash College will bill our student for our tuition, plus a US$1,000 off campus fee, less financial aid. If the program tuition exceeds Wabash tuition, the participant will be responsible for any amounts above Wabash tuition.
- The program provider will bill our student for all non-tuition fees such as room, board, and standard miscellaneous program fees.
- Student is responsible for payment of all room and board costs, standard miscellaneous fees, and all travel/excursion costs (International, local, or leisure) that are not otherwise included in the standard fees paid to the program.
- Student is responsible for all medical costs, medical insurance, incidentals, personal expenses, and souvenirs, etc. that are not otherwise included in program fees.
Amy Weir, Director of International Studies
Cathy VanArsdall, Controller
The administration of an Off-Campus Study program requires the time and support of many different college offices. Fees charged cover a variety of indirect costs, including but not limited to the following forms of administrative services provided by the Director of Off-Campus Studies and other Faculty/Staff representatives:
- General orientation to OCS.
- Passport and visa guidance.
- Assistance with program selection.
- Program advising.
- Assistance with all aspects of course and program approval.
- Processing of documents.
- Mailing, faxing, expressing of documents.
- Processing of transcripts.
- Recording of credits.
- Credit transfer dispute resolution.
- Processing of financial aid.
- Assistance with billing.
All application fees and deposits are the responsibility of the student. Deposits and scholarships from the program are usually subtracted from the billed cost by the sponsoring organization.
Students are advised to create a budget and make arrangements to have sufficient funds available to cover all estimated expenses, including extra travel and souvenirs.
It is the responsibility of the student to understand all of the above information, explain it to his parents, and to make it work for himself.
In addition to your Wabash financial assistance, there are other possible sources of aid for off-campus study, depending upon your proposed destination and other factors.
Scholarships are offered by many of our OCS Program Providers. Be sure to request that they be applied to your housing and meal costs. Generally, you must apply DIRECTLY to your program for these forms of aid. Please read the directions carefully and meet all deadlines. They will be competitive.
Here are some additional web sites that may be worth investgating:
NSEP Boren Awards
Intl Student Loan Program
Intl Student Scholarships
Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships